The following resources are related standards, OVAL documentation, and other helpful information. Suggested additions or deletions can be submitted through the developer mailing list.
- OVAL Community Repository The official repository for OVAL development, maintenance, issue tracking, enhancement proposals, etc.
- OVAL Developer Guide The OVAL Developer Guide was written by MITRE, the previous OVAL Sponsor.
- Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) home SCAP is a set of standards defined by NIST that includes OVAL.
- Center for Internet Security The website for the current OVAL Sponsor.
- OVAL Repository A publicly contributed/available repository of OVAL definitions of varying use-cases, OS platforms, and product families.
Historical and archived information regarding previous versions of OVAL, prior sponsor documentation, etc. may be found at the following resources:
- MITRE OVAL Homepage Deprecated website containing historical OVAL data.
- MITRE OVAL Archives The OVAL Language archives.
- OVAL Mailing List Archives An archive of OVAL-related mailing list discussions.
- OVAL Language Schemas Up to and including OVAL v5.11.2, the OVAL Language GitHub repository provides the official OVAL language documentation, schemas, and tools used in the development of OVAL interpreters.
- OVAL Language Sandbox The OVAL Language Sandbox, hosted on GitHub.com, provides a collaborative environment for the community to propose and develop experimental capabilities for the OVAL Language.
- NIST XCCDF Homepage XCCDF is a specification language for writing security checklists, benchmarks, and related kinds of documents.